The Department of Laboratory Services encompasses a wide range of laboratory tests that support the physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of their patients. It is located at the second floor, open twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. As part of our ardent commitment to improve our services, a separate phlebotomy area located at ground floor main lobby is also available to meet the special needs of our clients with disability, and also our senior citizens and pregnant women. The service is available from six (6) in the morning until five (5) in the afternoon except Sundays and Holidays.
Trunk line: (+632) 558-0888 local 0641
0643: Blood Bank
0649: Immunology/Drug Testing
0641: Laboratory Information
0645: Clinical Microscopy
0646: Laboratory Administrative Manager
Location: 2/F Main Building
Blood Bank: 24/7
Clinical Chemistry: 24/7
Clinical Microscopy: 24/7
Drug Testing: Monday to Saturday – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Histopathology: Monday to Saturday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Immunology & Serology: Monday to Saturday – 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Microbiology: Monday to Friday – 6:00 am to 6:00 pm; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays – 6:00 am to 3:00 pm
- The Phlebotomy section performs blood extraction, both for in patients, out patients. The section is also responsible for collection of specimen for referral test and the newborn screening. Home Service is also being offered.
Blood Bank Section:
- The Blood Bank Section is where the blood and its components are stored and processed for blood transfusion. It is responsible for the screening of blood donors. We perform Platelet Aphaeresis, and Antibody Screening both for patients and donors.
Clinical Chemistry Section:
- The Clinical Chemistry Section is where the Chemical composition of blood and other body fluids is determined utilizing the fully automated clinical chemistry analyzer.
Clinical Microscopy Section:
- The Clinical Microscopy Section performs automated urinalysis as well as special procedures for urine and feces. The section also conducts semen analysis and pregnancy tests for urine and serum samples.
Drug Testing Laboratory:
- The Drug Testing Laboratory performs screening tests for prohibited drugs.
- The Hematology section performs routine and special tests on blood such as complete blood count (CBC), blood indices, peripheral smears, and malarial parasite examination, and tests for hemostasis and coagulation studies The section also performs cell counts and microscopic examination of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and other body fluids.
Immunology and Serology Section:
- The Immunology and Serology Section performs tests that aid in the diagnosis of infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases, cancer and Thyroid function tests using various immunoassays like Chemiluminescence and Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assays. This section also determines the level of therapeutic drugs.
- The Section of Microbiology accepts specimens for culture and identification of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and fungi. It also tests the various antibiotics to determine the best agent for therapy of these isolates. They also perform TB PCR. (polymerase chain reaction ), HR-HPV and CT-NG. Performs serological tests for TORCH assay, Chikungunya IgM, Salmonella, Dengue fever, Leptospirosis and other various agents causing disease.
Surgical Pathology (Histopathology) Section:
- The Surgical Pathology section is where cells and tissues are submitted for pathologic diagnosis and interpretation from a biopsy or a surgical procedure for routine tissue processing. The section is also specialized in performing autopsies, frozen section, and rapid diagnosis of aspirates from CT Scan / Ultrasound guided biopsies. Immunohistochemical staining procedures are also performed by well-trained medical technologists and histopathology technician.