Clinical Nutrition Management Service
The Clinical Nutrition Management Services (CNMS) was conceptualized with the goal of improving patient care and outcomes through widely accepted benefits of nutrition management. Composed of a multidisciplinary team of clinical nutrition physicians, dieticians, nurses and pharmacists, CNMS is in charge of ensuring that the proper nutrition care plan is implemented accordingly as part of actual in-patient management.
Direct Line: (02) 558-0888 Local 4718
Department Head: Dr. Olive Quizon
Address: 2nd Floor, Doña Salustiana Medical Tower II,
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 AM –52:00 PM (By appointment)
Admitted patients will undergo the clinical nutrition/nutrition support process:
- Screening by nurses to identify patients at risk.
- Assessment of at risk patients by dieticians counterchecked by clinical nutrition physician to classify nutrition risk of patients.
- Nutrition care plan development by dieticians and clinical nutrition physician based on the risk of developing nutrition-related complications:
- Low to moderate risk patients will be given nutrition care plan by the dieticians upon approval of the Attending Physician (AP)
- Low to moderate risk patients needing enteral nutrition but considered complicated case and/or needing parenteral nutrition will be referred by the dietician to clinical nutrition physician upon the approval of the Attending Physician (AP)
- High risk patients will be given nutrition care plan by the clinical nutrition physician and will be monitored by the CNMS
- Implementation, Monitoring, Reassessment by the CNMS upon the approval of the Attending Physician (AP).
- Termination of therapy by the physician.