Trunk line: (+632) 558-0888 local 2770 and 2880
Location: 2/F Main Building
Manila Doctors Hospital Dietary Department aims to provide quality and safe patient care and disease prevention program in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics to all its clients.
Bearing in mind that every patient has unique needs and food preferences, our Registered Nutritionist-Dietitians advocate health and wellness initiatives for faster recovery and attainment of optimum nutrition goals.
Some of the nutritional recommendations for specific health conditions are:
- Diabetic Diet – This diet aims to maintain near to normal serum lipoprotein levels, blood pressure and overall health through an individualized , patient needs diet.
- Renal Diet – The kidneys are an important part of the body’s excretory system. They eliminate waste products of protein breakdown such as urea, creatinine, uric acid as well as excess sodium, potassium, phosphates and water through urine. If the kidneys are damaged and cannot perform this vital function, these substances will accumulate in the body and cause sickness. Besides preventing complications and further damage, a well-selected diet is important in making drug treatment or dialysis more effective. This diet is prescribed by the doctor and planned especially by the dietitian.
- Healthy Heart Diet – This diet is composed of foods that are low in salt, fat and cholesterol. Foods high in fiber are also included in this diet. Registered nutritionist-dietitians can help you plan and determine foods allowed and food that are to be avoided.
- Dysphagia Diet – This diet is prescribed to patients who have difficulty in swallowing. Providing different textures and consistency of foods and liquids, the purpose of nutrition care is to provide energy, adequate nutrients and fluids tolerated by the patient and adjusted according to their changing needs
- Enteral Nutrition – Enteral nutrition is the provision of liquid formula by mouth or by tube into the gastrointestinal tract to provide nutritional support for patients unable or unwilling to ingest or tolerate conventional foods.
For more detailed diet therapy and nutrition counselling, it is highly recommended that you consult with our experts at the Clinical Nutrition Management Services (CNMS).