Ways to RECHARGE Your Health This 2023
Holiday season is over. With all the festivities and merriment of the past season, we may have overlooked one important aspect in our life—our health. Extremely essential but sometimes underrated, our health usually takes a back seat especially when we are bombarded by too much information and consumed by many responsibilities. But with the New Year comes with new and even better priorities for our health and wellbeing. Staying healthy has never been so important, and it can be achieved in a variety of ways including proper exercise, lifestyle, diet, and of course, regular check-ups to your doctor.
This 2023, staying on top of our health is on the top list of our New Year’s Resolutions. It’s a no-brainer that health is wealth, and with the advancement of medical technology and available healthcare products and services at the tip of your finger, ticking off your health and wellness goals this 2023 will be as easy as 1-2-3.
Good health is almost always synonymous to healthy body and physique. But a healthy mind, soul, and body complete the holistic wellness of a person. Good thing though, there are various ways to recharge yourself and make you on top of your physical and mental health this new year.
1. Diversify your palate’s palette—eat a healthy and balanced diet
- When one talks about diet, people would almost automatically assume that they are trying to lose some weight. But one should not just look after losing weight to be considered healthy. Consuming a combination of different foods including fruits, vegetables, meats, legumes, nuts, and whole grains is a healthier option for the body and mind. It’s wise to follow your dietary guidelines but it’s also important to mix things up. Give yourself the widest range of benefits by consuming the right amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats on a daily basis.
2. Be more physically active
- Engage yourself with physical activities that would require you to get up and move. Consider outdoor exercises like brisk walking and jogging, or even indoor exercises like doing household chores. You can even incorporate some exercises in your daily activities while at work. Ideally, a person should at least have 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise, but any movement is better than nothing. Try to stand up and stretch more often, go around the block, or explore new activities that will help you move more.
3. Get enough rest
- Most people tend to forego sleep despite it being a must for good health. A person may increase their odds of having heart disease, diabetes, stroke, obesity, among other sicknesses due to lack of sleep. Getting enough sleep also refreshes and recharges your mind so you can function efficiently on your job and daily activities.
4. Relieve your stress
- Learning how to manage stress spells a difference in a way we live our lives. When you find yourself too stressed and burnt out, find a way to blow off steam and compose yourself again. Engage yourself with some hobbies, do things with friends, exercise, or meditate. If you have done these things and you still feel overwhelmed, perhaps you can make an appointment with a counselor or a mental health professional.
5. Consult your doctor and have regular check-ups
- Regular consultation with your doctor and having medical and wellness check-ups are essential to make sure that all is well and our body and mind are functioning harmoniously. Like how a mother knows best for their child, a doctor knows best on how we can better take care of our body and mind. Make sure to find time in your busy schedule to consult your doctor for checkups, and for optimum result, it is best to have an executive checkup for a more comprehensive result.
For most people, finding time to prioritize health can be a bit challenging. With easy access to travel and leisure these days, people would often opt to just have recreational activities instead of visiting their doctors or the hospital. Here’s the good news, though! You need not to choose between having a refreshing staycation or an executive checkup at a hospital because there is a wellness package that brings together health and leisure by combining an executive checkup with relaxing hotel accommodation into one. Yes, you heard it right! Manila Doctors Hospital understands the needs of busy executives and young professionals to have a package that combines health, wellness, and leisure.
RECHARGE Wellness Package offers a comprehensive health check for one person- it includes physical examination, laboratory tests, diagnostic and imaging procedures, and gender-specific tests such as Prostate Specific Antigen-Immunoradiometric Assay (PSA-IRMA) for men and Pap smear for women. All medical examinations and tests will be conveniently done at the hospital’s Wellness Hub, a one-stop shop and gateway to a holistic health and wellness experience, located at the 9th floor of Manila Doctors Hospital’s Dr. George S.K. Ty Medical Tower 2, its new 21-storey building along Kalaw Avenue in Manila. Nutrition counselling and life coaching are also included in the package at the Wellness Hub.
After a comprehensive health check-up, you (and your companion) can now enjoy an overnight stay with breakfast at any of the select partner hotels and spa. You can choose to be whisked away for the weekend at The Bellevue Manila or Crimson Hotel in Alabang, or experience the look and feel of old Manila at the historic Manila Hotel. If you’re up for a quick nature getaway, you can choose to go at Club Balai Isabel in Talisay, Batangas or at the Nurture Wellness Village in Tagaytay City.
RECHARGE is also available to foreign nationals who are keen to experience health and wellness in the Philippines. RECHARGE International Wellness Package also includes additional specialized tests such as Whole-Body Scan DXA, Coronary Calcium Scoring, Treadmill Exercise Stress Echo, PFT Spirometry with IOS, Mammogram or Breast Ultrasound for female and Rapid Antigen Test. You will also get to enjoy a two-night stay with breakfast at the mentioned select partners and spa. Additionally, you can also choose to spend a night and experience the picturesque Manila Bay sunset at Sofitel Philippine Plaza in Pasay City or have a rejuvenating stay at The Farm at San Benito in Lipa, Batangas.
There is no better time to prioritize your health than now. Get recharged today. For more information, visit www.maniladoctors.com.ph or call us at (+632) 8558-0888 locals 3870 or 5718 and (+63) 919-068-2017.